Lets see... Highlights: Moved to California a few weeks ago. I flew out here on the fourth, flew back ten days later, then drove back again for a little road trip with my road trip partner. We hit Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.
Some tid bits from each place:
- Iowa: Decided to camp during extreme weather conditions and the tent almost blew away... Actually it did at first.
- Nebraska: Road construction through THE WHOLE STATE. They were re-paving the roads, so instead of doing one side and then the other, they decided to just tear up every lane resulting in a flat tire. Lucky us, there isn't a shop for miles so we have to go to a farming depot in a town that doesn't even have paved roads. I don't miss Nebraska.
- Colorado: Colorado is by far my favorite state out of the trip. Being a short-lived Colorado native, I love everything about it. If I didn't have to live in a major metropolitan area for my recent career, I would move back there in a heart beat. We hit up the Denver zoo and downtown Denver, hiked up the Rockies, saw some snow, visited Manitou Springs and Garden Of The Gods... I do miss Colorado.
- New Mexico: We didn't spend a lot of time here, but we stopped through Santa Fe and Albuquerque so I could get some Indian fry bread.
- Arizona: While on the way to visit my Grandma, we stopped at Bedrock... Yes, Bedrock. Then we went to the Grand Canyon, met my Grandma's new boyfriend and headed to LAS VEGAS.
- Nevada: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Just kidding... The most exciting thing I did was gamble on the machines.