Saturday, May 31, 2014

We Are Infinite



In my room there is drawer full of pharmaceuticals... Before you jump to conclusions, let me first say that they are all prescribed -- they are prescribed to help me sleep but all they really do is quiet my thoughts.  My head is full of all these dreams that seem so simple yet unrealistic and I can't stop thinking about them. I can't stop thinking about how time flows and the way I get swept up in its current. I waste my breath trying to battle the ticks on the clock when in reality, I should thank them.

If it wasn't for time no one would be in a hurry, because forever would be always. I could sleep endlessly because I'd know that I will never reach my goals because to have a goal, it has to have an ending. Without time there is no start or finish. There would be no birthdays or holidays... No schedules. I understand that without time there can be no balance but sometimes balance isn't what we want, It's what we need and I desperately wish to escape necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment