Thursday, July 12, 2012

Feeding Your Addiction


I just finished watching the movie, "Something Borrowed" and though it was a good movie, I can't help but be disappointed with the ending. To put it simply, the movie is about a woman who is in love with her friends fiancé. She spends the whole movie trying to catch him to be hers and all the while her best friend, who just happens to be in love with her, is trying to tell her to open her eyes and see that the other guy is a dick. So, what happens in the end? She chooses her friends fiancé, of course.
I can't speak on behalf of any other generation than my own, but I think people take movies too literally and don't get me wrong, I can definitely be one of those people.
Little girls are brought up watching Disney movies where the girl characters just sit around singing to birds and brushing their hair waiting for some prince to show up out of no where and fall in love with them. End of story. So here I am, 8 year old Alexandra, thinking "Oh, that's so easy. My life will solely consist of being beautiful and waiting for some dude to just whisk me off my feet and then everything will be rainbows and butterflies".
So then I grow older and like most other girls I go straight for the "bad boys" who are secretly really nice (or so you think) but they turn out to just be a "bad boy" after all, so then I decide that every guy on the face of the earth will treat me the same way.
In all honesty, I didn't realize how wrong I was until fairly recently and I can't help but think that so many girls may always think that, which is the purpose of this post.
Some of you are likely thinking how naive I am to think that. As for my reasoning; There is no way in hell that every person in the world is exactly the same. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment