Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mix Tape Nostalgia

I am currently listening to "Check Yo Self" and finding it quite hard to write while being distracted by Ice Cube combined with the sound of tonights basketball game (no, I don't know who's playing). I'm trying to keep myself busy so that I can beat my yearning to purchase a plane ticket for next month; It's becoming a bad habit. I need to realize that I am not super man and I can't keep up with this lifestyle. I'm also fighting this thing called jealousy right now, which is an even worse habit. I know it's natural and everyone feels it, but that doesn't make it right.
I've also gotten an email with an idea that i'm going to try: "put your Ipod/Mp3 on shuffle and write about what it means to you via emotions and memories".
I'm just going to try a few. Here it goes:

  • My Name Is Skrillex-Skrillex: This reminds me of this guy who used to stalk me last summer before I moved. He put this on a mix CD he made me. 
  • Electric Feel-MGMT: Getting ready for work and putting on all of my winter gear to catch the bus.
  • Lullaby-Sia: Reminds me of the week straight that I'd come home and make fried chicken for myself while dancing around the kitchen all night. 
  • Snow-Red Hot Chili Peppers: This 3-day party I went to and how shitty I did at pong the first night. I kept saying "next time!" but I never made it in. 
  • Stay On The Ground-Armour For Sleep: This super long bus ride I took to Chicago to see this guy for the first time.
  • Insane In The Membrane-Cypress Hill: My dad dancing at my graduation party. 
  • Ice Cream Truck-Cazwell: The early part of last summer I spent with my best friend just dancing and playing in the pool.
  • Liar-Mumford And Sons: This playlist I have on my computer called "depressed". I listen to it whenever I feel down like it's supposed to make me feel better. It's funny how people do that.
  • I'll Be-Edwin McCain: Whenever I leave from visiting my friends I think of this because once I was on my way back and this started playing and I totally broke down. I'm not good at goodbyes. 
  • Little Numbers-BOY: When I would just walk around aimlessly and explore on my days off sometimes. I have a playlist for every occasion it seems like, and this is on my "taking a walk" playlist. 
  • Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy-Andrews Sisters: This reminds me of pretty much every time I've ever gotten ready. It just makes me want to get up and do something. 
  • Keep Your Head Up-Ben Howard: I used to have this spot I would sit at to think; It was at this dock on the lake. I would go during the winter or late at night when no one else was there. I played this song frequently.
  • She's Enough-Atmosphere: This guy I went to elementary school with. We found out that we both lived in the same state a while ago and after talking about what towns we lived in, we discovered that he was just near me at an Atmosphere show. Talk about bummer. 
  • Pretty Girls Make Raves-Young Statuses: This was on the playlist at my old job. It really makes me wish working there. I loved it so so much. 
  • Draw Japan-The Horrors: When I lived with my grandparents a few years ago, I would sit out in the car and talk to my aunt on the phone. She's my favorite family member aside from my brothers. 
^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment