Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fifty Shades Of Ridiculousness

For non-readers: Unless you don't care to have the book spoiled for you, I would suggest not reading the rest of this post.

I began reading the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" yesterday and I was a huge fan of Grey up until chapter four I believe. I am not finished with the book, but so far it seems to me like a modern, slightly vulgar version of a Jane Austen novel, particularly "Pride and Prejudice". Christian Grey reminds me of Mr. Darcy in the sense that his personality comes off as very snobbish and arrogant. On top of it, I was taken by surprise when in order for Ana to be his girl friend (or rather sex slave to the "red room") she needs to sign a contract saying that he basically has full control over her and their relationship is to be scheduled weekly based on his availability and ideals. I like to think that if I were put in her situation I would be very frightened of him; though I am curious as to why he is the way he is, which is why I am still reading on.

Character analysis over for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment