Saturday, December 3, 2011

Date Number Three

So, after wimping out for a week I decided to take my own advice and just go for it... ask my co-worker out... via Facebook. Still slightly wimpy, but it gets the job done. After awkwardly asking him to a club (using far too many "uh's" and "um's" might I add) when I didn't know a single thing about him or even if he was interested, I immediately wished that I could hack into Facebook and take back the message. To my surprise, about an hour later he replied with a yes and I jumped around a very public area for far too long and nearly pissed my pants... I was just a tad bit excited. No big deal. Anyway, after running through everything in my head, he shows up and the only thing that comes to mind is, "Fuck, why did I do this? This is such an awkward first date." Which, it was awkward at first, especially after I head-butted him three times and violently threw his drink from his hand... on accident of course. Being about as graceful as a peg-legged ballerina, I naturally wanted to crawl into a hole and die. As the night progressed, I became more and more comfortable and dare I say it, enjoyed myself. Yes, he didn't puke on me or decide to randomly strip his clothes... until later that is. My "no second dates" rule may be overlooked just this once. Oh, and his name is Andrew*.

Three good things about this date:

  1. I won't have to deal with one-word conversations at work because he turned me down.
  2. I was actually nervous versus only being there because it's my resolution.
  3. He 's still talking to me, which is usually a good sign that it wasn't just a one-night stand.
Two bad things about this date:
  1. I looked like a hot mess afterwards, minus the hot.
  2. He drove away before I got in my house knowing that I didn't have a key.

1 comment: