Friday, November 11, 2011

An Introduction.

Let me start off by discussing why I chose the title I did. This originally was the title of a book I was writing by, you guessed it, a typewriter. I thought it would add a little something to it, but then I realized that I spend so much time online and so much time writing (mostly in my journal), that I might as well just put it online; i'm mostly an open book anyway. Though, this doesn't mean that I am going to display every little event that happens. Some things are a little too personal to put online. 
Anyway, I was sitting at the bus stop with my roommate a while ago, and while waiting we were trying to figure out why it is that we are attracted to complete jerks. Now, I can't speak on behalf of all girls, but here are some of the reasons we came up with:
  • If a guy is too nice, he seems too into us and it's a turn-off. If he seems unapproachable or unavailable he's instantly more attractive because women like "the chase". Naturally, we want what we can't have. 
  • He seems like he has everything figured out and he's not just caught up on emotions. It makes us feel safe. 
  • When he's around other girls, (constantly), even if it's his sister, it makes us jealous. Which goes back to wanting what we can't have. 
On the other hand, we don't want guys to remain a jerk. It's just enough to catch our attention. Really what we want is the feeling of achievement when we "change" him into a better man. Let's face it, jerks aren't for the long run, just for the now. I'm finding now that I'm getting older, I want a guy that's gonna be around for a while, but i'm still initially attracted to the guys that treat me like shit.
Girls: Agree or disagree? Guys: Any comments are welcome

1 comment: