Friday, March 23, 2012

Just On My Mind...



"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gahndi

I've recently forgiven an old friend; I am always quick to forgive no matter what the circumstances, but sometimes I wonder if there is such a thing as being too forgiving. Time and again I am told to stop being a walking doormat, but I just can't stay angry at people. Forgiveness is not the same as trust; though both have to be earned in my book, trust I find quite a lot harder to find in people. I think it's just part of growing and learning. It's not healthy to hold a grudge against other people. I honestly love everyone and just want to be happy as much as possible, and that's easier to achieve through forgiveness.
I do feel like, though, that me "seeing the best in people" is all in my head because I've befriended some of the absolute worst people and it took me so long to realize that they were more harmful to me than anything. I just can't shake that feeling that I need to be kind and make peace. What can I say, I enjoy being a softy.

On the other end of the scale, I'm moving in two weeks and I couldn't be more in denial. This whole time I've been searching for "home" and the answer was always to just relocate and start over, but I realized that the saying "Home isn't where you are, but who you're with" holds some truth. I may hate the midwest but I've met some of the most wonderful people here, including my very best friend who is just two hours away. Don't get me wrong; traveling is my ultimate passion. I love photography, but really which ever career allows me to travel is ideal. I just want to know what to tell people when they ask me where home is. I don't think that's really all that much to ask for, is it? I just want to know that when I break from my travels, that I have people that I love to come back to; not just a vacation spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment