Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I've started to realize that kindness can be one of the worst qualities a person can possess. When you're too kind I find that (in my case) people take advantage of you. They know you'll always be there for them but they never have to be there for you. They know that you'll put up with just about anything to keep the peace. I've made a sort of short-term goal to try and be more selfish. I know that may sound absolutely ridiculous, but I'm wondering if I'd be more happy if I found the happy-medium. There is a right amount of kindness and selfishness I'm sure.

On a side note, in honor of New York Fashion Week, I wanted to highlight some of my favorite pieces from various collections I've been seeing this week.

For starters: The Spring 2013 ready-to-wear collection from Badgley Mischka is TO DIE FOR. I can honestly say that if I had an extra two grand lying around, I would spend it on one of these gowns (after purchasing my Burberry coat of course) in a heart beat. Specifically the one on the left.



Leave it to Jason Wu to successfully combine feminine and rocker, leaving us with an unforgettable line for spring. Here are my favorite pieces:



One dress in particular caught my eye from Max Azria:




Custo Barcelona's line was packed full of cool prints, sequins, lace and leather. Here's my favorite:


These are but a very small amount of the wonderful collections shown at  NYFW and I can't wait to see what else is coming. 

Enjoy! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment