Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Brain Is On Adderall

I have so much on my mind and so much I want to share with you guys but I've been bottling up my thoughts for days now. It's become a winter vortex here in Chicago and it's pushed me back and forth between a state of depression and absolute delirium. I feel inspired now because in the midst of my hibernation I've reconnected with a few old friends, and I've made a couple new ones as well who are like-minded and it's comforting.

A few weeks ago I began reading a book called "Classic Asian Philosophy" by Joel Kupperman; It was a hand-me-down from my room mate and I can't put it down. The first chapter or two are all about The Upanishads, which before now I knew little to nothing about. To put it bluntly, the book has blown my mind. I've learned the difference between "joy" and "pleasure" and I've been made aware that everything we know is exactly the same when you take away It's personality or the quantity. It's given me such a more peaceful outlook on life and I feel less anxious in my chaotic world.

I've also been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've realized that basically all of my plans are not relevant anymore. I have a new outlook and I have become more aware of what it is I really want in life and I was making it so complicated -- Life should be simple.

Also, this meditation video I found is seriously the best I've come across so far. I highly recommend trying it if you're a beginner. It's very slow and has little direction, which I like. Just keep yourself open minded and sit comfortably:

No comments:

Post a Comment