Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day With A Side Of Meltdown

Some fast facts on Father's Day to aid in your celebration:

  • Father's Day was founded in 1910 in Spokane, Washington by Sonora Smart Dodd
  • She got the idea from a Mother's Day sermon.
  • It's first celebration was held at the Spokane YMCA on June 9th, 1910.
  • Different countries have theirs on different days, for example, Russia hosts theirs on February 23rd and Portugal hosts theirs on March 19th (dia do Pai). 
  • Sonora chose June because that was the month of her father's birthday.
  • It became an official holiday in 1924 by President Coolidge and made permanent by president Nixon in 1972. 
  • creditcredit.  
Now, if that was of no interest to you, then i'll assume you're here for the "meltdown" portion of this post. If you're a first-time reader, I warn you that my ranting posts generally don't make a whole lot of sense unless you know me well enough because none of my ranting usually fits into one category, it's just whatever pops into my head from one sentence to the next. 

  • Anyway, for whatever reason, I woke up today feeling like a girl. Not that I always feel like a man, but on an emotional standpoint I feel more like a girl than usual today. I also really hope that people involved in my ranting will not read this, otherwise I will most likely regret posting... Though that's not enough to stop me from writing it. I gotta let loose and all that jazz. 
  • Back to the main topic: I feel like a girl in the sense that I'm feeling all low self-esteem and drainy and like I really need a hug with a gallon tub of Ben and Jerry's. 
  • I feel like for once I actually need advice from my best friend instead of the other way around... Which just doesn't happen often. Aside from this very moment, I just assume that everything fixes itself and go about with my daily life, but today I'm slightly less optimistic... Or possibly overly optimistic; however you want to look at it. 
  • I feel like I wish I had my life back and I wish my original plan that I was working towards for months wouldn't have been pushed back. 
  • I feel like I somehow stand a chance against the entire female population of the Midwestern portion of America. 
  • I feel like a hypocrite because I don't follow my own advice on certain matters, but preach them to others... Although I look to my friends for the same advice sometimes. 
  • I feel like even though I just quit my job, another better job will just show up even though it's off season. 
  • If I were granted three wishes from a magic genie I would wish 1: I could read minds for about 30 seconds 2: I would somehow make bank and enjoy whatever I'm doing to make it 3: I haven't thought of a good one yet... But I will. 
  • I feel like an idiot because I forgot to check the date to see when the 17th was until last night so I could pay my credit card on time, but what do you know... Today (SUNDAY) is the 17th...  So the bank is closed. 
  • I feel like I'm going to have a rough time finding an apartment with a job I haven't had for long (assuming I get a new one soon) along with my new shitty credit score thanks to my lack of real-life skills, like knowing what day it is. 

I know I should maybe feel embarrassed to post this, but seriously... Don't even tell me that you never have a bad day and never want to vent about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment