Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When Noses Meet Roses

That feeling when your alarm goes off in the morning and all of a sudden the springs sticking out of your mattress start to feel like laundry fresh out of the dryer... That's what everyone is searching for but passes up on a daily basis. Why not buy a new mattress so it can be comfy every day?
Of course I mean this in a metaphorical sense, though I'm sure we could all use more comfortable mattresses.What I really mean is that everyone is so focused on the big points in life (graduate college, get your dream job, get married, etc) that they lose sight of the little things along the way. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I wish I knew what I wanted for my future like everyone else, but in a sense I do. I'm just more focused on the little things that lead to happiness like getting stuff off my bucket list and all that jazz. So here's my new list (shortened of course) since I've done almost everything on my old list.
I'll start with the things on that list I haven't done and expand... Because now that I've read through it again, I've probably only done half of it. It has only been six months though, so I feel accomplished.

  • Go sky diving
  • Catch a bouquet at a wedding
  • Go an entire day without hurting myself
  • Horseback ride on the beach
  • Learn another language (entirely, not just bits of Japanese and Spanish)
  • Learn to clog dance
  • Go to the opera house in Sydney
  • Finish a novel
  • Volunteer in a third-world country
  • Dune buggy through the desert
  • Go paragliding
  • Attend an Anna Sui fashion show
  • See the Monalisa
  • Meet the Dalai Lama
  • Learn to sail
  • Attend the Super Bowl 
  • Experience tears of joy
  • Witness New Years Eve in Times Square
  • Swim across the English Channel
  • Perform as a street musician
There's actually quite a bit I haven't done... I want to add more small-goal things to my list though. 

  • Try bubble tea
  • Finish writing ANYTHING
  • Take ballet
  • Kiss in the rain
  • Find a pair of heels that don't give me terrible blisters
  • Find the perfect "little black dress"
  • Go portaledge camping
  • Learn at least enough Portuguese so I can speak to my family
  • Learn piano
  • Take belly dancing
  • Ride the Chicago ferris wheel
  • See a movie in Hollywood Forever Cemetery
  • Memorize the art of palm reading
  • Volunteer at a soup kitchen
  • Try writing a children's book
  • Stop working on the 3-year painting. It's done now.
  • Invent something
  • Go whale watching
  • Stay at a bed and breakfast
  • Learn to meditate
  • Take a cooking class
That's all I have for now. I'm sure no one cares to read fifty pages on things I want to do before I die. I'm also keeping up with my new years resolution to not do anything that doesn't make me happy, so i'm glad for that. What's on your bucket list? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment